Functions of Local Community Development Committee
Functions of the Local Community Development Committee are set out under Section 128A of Local Government Reform Act 2014. They are as follows;
- Prepare and adopt the community elements of the 6 year Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
- Implement or arrange for the implementation of the community elements of the LECP.
- Review the ‘community elements’ of the plan at least once over the six year period and amend as considered necessary.
- Monitor and review implementation of the community elements and revise actions and strategies as appropriate.
- Coordinate the management and oversee the implementation of the programmes that have been approved either by the local authority or by agreement between the LCDC and other public bodies.
- Ensure effectiveness, coordination, consistency and the avoidance of duplication between publicly funded local and community development programmes.
- Optimise resources for the benefit of local communities and improve the efficiency with which publicly funded local and community development resources are used.
- Consider and adopt a statement in respect of the economic elements of the Plan to be prepared by the local authorities.
- Prepare and submit an annual report on the performance of its duties no later than the 31st March each year in relation to the performance of its functions for the preceding year.