The Centre provides support for people who wish to volunteer, as well as for Not for Profit Organisations.
Service for volunteers includes
- A Placement service which supports people to get involved in voluntary work.
- Regular updates on local voluntary opportunities
Service for Not for Profit Organisations includes
- Support around developing new volunteer programmes
- Training and Support around Volunteer Management and best practice
- A promotion service for volunteer opportunities
- Garda Vetting on behalf of organisations (certain conditions apply)
- Picture of a Team of Abbott volunteers and staff from North West Hospice. Abbott staff volunteered to overhaul the outdoor area of the Hospice for a series of weeks.
Staff team of Volunteers: Team of Abbott volunteers and staff from North West Hospice. Abbott staff volunteered to overhaul the outdoor area of the Hospice for a series of weeks.
Key achievements to date include:
- Ever increasing database of volunteers
- Average Placement rate of 60% over period of operation
- Befriending Project with local family volunteering and incoming refugee families
- Cross Border Project for young people with special needs in Sligo and Fermanagh
- Linked 5 corporate groups to volunteer opportunities
- Two staff trained to deliver Volunteer Management Training to Not for Profit Organisations
- Ongoing promotion of volunteerism through outreach; National Day of Volunteering-Give it a Swirl; International Day of Volunteering.
Contact the Center
The Centre operates an appointments system for volunteers and organisations.Volunteer Center 1 Gaol Road,Abbeyville,Sligo.
071 911 1042