Model Publication Scheme
Sligo County Council’s ‘Model Publication Scheme’ is prepared in accordance with Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
The purpose of the Scheme is to assist public understanding of the Local Authority and its functions, to explain procedures, and to provide a reference to information held by the Authority.
The scheme provides a mechanism to address the public interest in:
- allowing public access to information held by the Authority,
- the publication of reasons for FOI decisions made by the Authority,
- publishing information of relevance or interest to the general public in relation to its activities and functions generally.
The information in this publication presented under a number of headings:
- Information about the Authority
- Services provided or to be provided
- Decision making process for major policy proposals
- Financial information
- FOI Disclosure Log For non-personal information
Download Model Publication Scheme 2016 (PDF) - 1,668 kbs