Minutes of Ordinary Meeting of Sligo County Council held on Monday, 2nd September, 2002, at 2.00pm in the Council Chamber, Riverside, Sligo
- L. Conlon,
- M. Conlon,
- B. Scanlon
OFFICIALS IN ATTENDANCE:
- Mr S. Concannon, Director of Services
- Mr P. Forkan, Director of Services
- Mr J. Murphy, A/Director of Services
- Mr P. Flanagan, A/Director of Services
- Mr T. Kilfeather, Head of Finance
- Ms M. Leydon, Financial Management Accountant
- Mr K. Larkin, Senior Engineer
- Mr D. Breen, Senior Executive Officer
- Mr T. Carroll, Senior Engineer
- Ms M. McConnell, Senior Executive Officer
- Mr S. O’Toole, Senior Executive Engineer
- Ms E. Concannon, Senior Executive Engineer
- Mr F. O’Driscoll, Senior Executive Engineer
- Mr P. Hughes, Senior Executive Engineer
- Mr B. Gavin, Senior Executive Engineer
- Mr T. Rooney, Administrative Officer
- Ms C. Kenny, Staff Officer
- Ms S. Malone, Assistant Staff Officer
- The Cathaoirleach, Councillor P. Branley, presided.
Proposed by Cllr Perry,
Seconded by Cllr Bree,
"that a vote of sympathy be expressed to Cllr Jim McGarry on the death of his mother Peggy, and also to Cllr P. Conmy on the death of his motherin-law, Mrs Agnes Doherty and as a mark of respect that the meeting be adjourned.”
All Councillors joined in the message of sympathy to Councillor J. McGarry and Councillor P. Conmy.
VOTES OF SYMPATHY:
Proposed by Councillor L. Conlon,
Seconded by Councillor M. Conlon,
“that a vote of sympathy be extended to Evelyn Jennings, Barrow, Ballindoon, Co. Sligo on the death of her husband Eddie.”
Proposed by Councillor Bree,
Seconded by Councillor B. Scanlon,
“that a vote of sympathy be extended to Tommy Higgins, No. 82 Tracey Avenue, Sligo on the death of Teresa.”
Proposed by Councillor Fox,
Seconded by Councillor Cawley,
“that a vote of sympathy be extended to Mrs Pauline McCullagh and family on the death of her husband Dermott”.
“that a vote of sympathy be extended to Mrs Marguerite Collins and family on the death of her husband Michael”.
The Cathaoirleach indicated that he wished to be associated with the votes of sympathy to the McGarry and Doherty families, and joined the members in expressing his condolences to all families concerned.
END OF MEETING:
The meeting concluded at 2.20 pm and it was agreed that the Adjourned Ordinary Meeting would take place on Monday, 9th September, 2002, at 2.00 pm.
Meeting Date 02/09/2002