Covid-19 Restart Grant Plus
Sligo County Council is now taking applications for the Restart Grant Plus which provides direct grant aid to businesses with the costs associated with reopening and reemploying workers following COVID-19 closures.
Please note that the ReStart Grant Plus Online Application form is to be used only by new applicants who did not receive the ReStart Grant 1 (RG1)
All new applicants who did not receive a Restart Grant 1 (RG1) can now apply for the ReStart Grant Plus online. In order to apply you must be a commercial trading entity and operate from a premises that is commercially rateable by Sligo County Council (see FAQ 9 regarding certain B & B establishments) and must meet the following criteria:
- have an annual turnover of less than €100,000 per employee to a maximum of €25m (The criteria regarding turnover of < €100K per employee will be assessed in groups of 50, e.g. <50 staff must have under a maximum €5m turnover, 51 to 100 staff must have a maximum of €10m turnover, 101 to 150 staff a maximum of €15m turnover, 151 to 200 staff a maximum of €20m turnover and 201 to 250 employees a maximum of €25m turnover. Employee numbers are expressed in Full-Time Equivalents) and employ between 0 to 250 people;
- have suffered a projected 25%+ loss in turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020;
- commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed;
- declare the intention to retain employees that are on The Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
The grant will be equivalent to the rates bill of the business in 2019, or a minimum payment of €4,000, whichever is the higher, and will be subject to a maximum payment of €25,000. If a company is currently in a rateable premise but was not rate-assessed in 2019 it is still eligible to apply. The local authority can pay the grant based on an estimate of what the rates demand for 2019 would have been.
If you have already received a Restart Grant you are still eligible for the Restart Grant Plus, however you do not need to apply using the online system but instead Sligo County Council will automatically sent you a declaration form by e-mail, you must then send this completed application form by e-mail to email@example.com by the 31st of October 2020. If you have any queries in this regard please contact your revenue collector – contact details below
If you have any queries please contact your revenue collector on the numbers and e-mails provided below:
- Cyril McNamara 071 911 1311 or 087 2681137 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Gallagher 071 911 1652 or 087 9089761 Email email@example.com
- Sandra Moran 071 911 1302 or 086 4019489 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caroline Stallard 071 911 1130 or 087 1139238 Email email@example.com
- Fidelma Loughlin 071 911 1322 or 087 2870584 Email firstname.lastname@example.org