Ballymote-Tobercurry Minutes 2015
Minutes of Meeting of The Municipal District of Ballymote-Tobercurry held on Monday, 13th April, 2015 at 11.30am in The Council Chamber, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo
- Councillor Martin Baker (Chair)
- Councillor Michael Clarke
- Councillor Margaret Gormley
- Councillor Jerry Lundy
- Councillor Dara Mulvey
- Councillor Joe Queenan
- Councillor Eamonn Scanlon
- Councillor Paul Taylor
OFFICIALS IN ATTENDANCE:
- Mr. Ciarán Hayes, Chief Executive
- Ms. Dorothy Clarke, Director of Services
- Mr. Tom Kilfeather, Director of Services
- Mr. Bartley Gavin, A/Director of Services
- Mr. Tom Brennan, Senior Engineer
- Mr. Seamus O’Toole, Senior Executive Engineer
- Mr. Paddy Hughes, Senior Executive Engineer
- Mr. Michael Ryan, Senior Executive Engineer
- Mr. Declan Noone, Area Engineer
- Mr. David Golden, Area Engineer
- Mr. Joe Devaney, Executive Engineer
- Mr. Michael Conway, Executive Engineer
- Ms. Patricia Guckian, Financial Accountant
- Mr. Michael Feeney, Administrative Officer
- Ms. Maura Hegarty, Administrative Officer
- Ms. Orlagh Campbell, A/Administrative Officer
- Ms. Sinéad Branley, Staff Officer
The Cathaoirleach Councillor M. Baker presided.
1. TO CONSIDER THE DRAFT SCHEDULE OF MUNICIPAL DISTRICT WORKS
At the outset Councillor’s Gormley and Queenan proposed that only the roads element of the schedule be considered at the meeting with the remaining elements being deferred to a further meeting of the Council. In response the Chief Executive urged caution on this and asked that the Schedule of Municipal District Works be considered in full as in accordance with Circular LG 27/2014 FIN 21/2014 Schedule of Municipal District Works (SMDW), the full Schedule of Works should have been adopted by 31st March, 2015.
It was then agreed by the members to consider the roads element of the schedule first and depending on time, to consider the remaining elements after.
Ms. Guckian gave an overview of the legislative requirements governing the adoption of the schedule of municipal district works.
Mr. Kilfeather, DOS then proceeded to give an overview of the Roads, Transportation and Infrastructure programme for 2015 some of the main points being.
- A total of €19.1m has been initially allocated by March 2015, from NRA/DTTAS/Sligo County Council to the improvement/maintenance of the public road network in County Sligo.
- The Programme was prepared on the basis of Department of Transport conditions, existing road conditions and input from Members
- 50/50 weighting – population/length of roads. Same weighting applied as in previous years. This may need to be reviewed going forward.
- An amount of €334,000 was included in the programme for the old urban area even though no specific block grant had been received as in previous years. The €334,000 was based on a 1.25% reduction on the 2014 figure of €339,000.
Mr. Kilfeather then invited Mr Brennan, SE to go through the programme in detail.
Mr. Brennan referred to the report entitled “Schedule of Ballymote-Tobercurry Municipal District Works for 2015 for Roads, Transportation and Infrastructure” which had been circulated to members for the meeting and outlined the main items which included:
- 2015 Discretionary Grant Breakdown including a breakdown for Regional Road Maintenance outside the Sligo City Area and the proposed schedule of works for the Sligo City Area (old Block Grant)
- Restoration Maintenance Programme 2015 for Regional and Local Roads
- Restoration Improvement Programme Regional and Local Roads
- Local Road Maintenance – Own Resources 2015
- Bridge and Ancillary Structures, Rehabilitation and Maintenance
- Piers and Harbours Maintenance
- Burial Grounds
- Public Conveniences
- Beach Maintenance
- Drainage Schemes
- Public Lighting
- National Roads including Eastern Garavogue Bridge & Approach Roads and the Western Distributor Road
- Smarter Travel
- N4 Hughes Bridge Widening Scheme – N4 Traffic Improvement Scheme
- N4 Traffic Improvement Scheme – Extension to R292/N4/N15/N16 Junction
- N16 Lugatober to Gortnagrelly
- High Collision Locations
- Pavement Improvement Works including N59 Ballysadare
- National Primary Road Maintenance
- National Secondary Road Maintenance
2. VOTES OF SYMPATHY:
Proposed by Councillor D. Mulvey
Seconded by Councillor M. Clarke
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to Michael & Carmel Roger on the death of their daughter Fiona Roger”
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to Sherley Hodgins on the death of her mother Betty Henry”
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to Michael Touhy on the death of his mother Marilyn Touhy”
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to David & Brenda Lavin on the death of their mother Ann Lavin”
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to Patricia McNulty on the death of her mother Kathleen McNulty”
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to Patricia Haran on the death of her aunt Christina Collery”
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to Marie & Paddy Keenan on the death of Marie’s mother Evelyn Gannon”
“That a vote of sympathy be extended to Seamus & Mary Lawrence on the death of their mother Bridget Lawrence”
3. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
None was noted
The business of the meeting ended at 1.35 pm.
Meeting Date 13/04/2015