SPC 1 - Minutes
Minutes of Strategic Policy Committee 1 (Housing and Corporate Services) held on Monday, 5th February, 2018 in The Training Room, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo
Councillor Declan Bree (Chair)
Councillor Martin Baker
Councillor Keith Henry
Councillor Dara Mulvey
Councillor Gino O'Boyle
Mr. Bartley Gavin, A/Director of Services
Mr. Joe Murphy, Senior Executive Officer
Mr. Joe Gethin, Administrative Officer
Ms. Orlagh Campbell, Administrative Officer
Ms. Pamela Andison, Administrative Officer
Ms. Marie Doherty, Clerical Officer
Sue Mahon, Community Co-Ordinator
Ms. Monica Reilly
Ms. Marcella Flanagan
1. MINUTES OF MEETING OF 4TH DECEMBER, 2017
On proposal of Councillor Mulvey and seconded by Councillor G. O'Boyle, and agreed, the minutes were adopted without amendment.
2. MATTERS ARISING:
3.THE WORK OF THE NORTH WEST HOMELESS JOINT CONSULTATIVE FORUM:
J. Murphy presented a Report on the Work of the NW Homeless Joint Consultative Forum. Councillor Bree asked if the minutes of the Forum are available for public inspection and J Murphy confirmed they are. J Murphy also confirmed that a Homeless Action Plan is to be developed through the course of 2018.
4.NEW REBUIDLING IRELAND HOME LOANS:
Following O Campbell's presentation of a synopsis on New Rebuilding Ireland Home Loans, Councillor Henry sought clarification on whether certain DSP payments would be considered as income for eligibility i.e. Carers and Lone parent. O. Campbell advised they were not considered and referred Councillor Henry to www.rebuildingirelandhomeloans.ie. Councillor Mulvey asked if an applicant offered a site as the required 10% deposit in lieu of cash, would this be acceptable. O. Campbell to investigate and revert to Councillor Mulvey. Councillor Mulvey also queried if there was a time limit on the Scheme and was advised that it was more of a question of the Scheme being limited by a budget of €200 million. Applications are being accepted from 1st February, 2018. Councillor Bree requested that an update on the Scheme be given at a later date.
5. THE CALTRAGH/BALLYTIVNAN PIP PROJECT:
Sue Mahon, Community Co-Ordinator gave a Report on the Caltragh/Ballytivnan PIP Project to date. Councillor O'Boyle advised that residents have requested that an outdoor playground be installed on an unused green area; however S. Mahon stated that ownership of the site in question is unclear.
6. GENERAL HOUSING DATA:
B Gavin circulated a General Housing Data Report.
- Councillor O'Boyle suggested SCC consider purchasing another Homeless Accommodation Family Unit for Focus lreland to provide a much need resource which is lacking in Sligo.
- P. Andison requested Members to forward items/topics for addition to future Agendas - to herself or Councillor Bree.
- Councillor Bree asked if a reply /acknowledgement to correspondence received by Housing Office could be given within a shorter time frame. B. Gavin said he would take the matter up with the Housing Team.
- Dates of next SPCl meetings to be circulated to members.
Meeting Date 05/02/2018