In order to facilitate necessary works associated with the N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme at the N4/N16 and N4/Markievicz road junctions, the following traffic management measures and diversions will be in place from the morning of Monday 25th January for a period of 6 weeks.
N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme
N16 Westbound Diversion
A diversion will be in place for traffic travelling westbound along the N16 towards the N4/N15 as follows:
- All N16 westbound vehicles will be diverted at the N16 Duck Street Roundabout north via Ballytivnan Road and Elms Gardens to the N15 National Primary Road.
Traffic travelling from the N4/N15 onto N16 Duck Street will not be impacted. Local Access Only to Duck Street from the N16 will be maintained.
Diversion for N4 southbound traffic accessing the R870 Markievicz Road
Left Turn exit slip from the N4 Southbound onto Markievicz road will be closed and a diversion will be in place for traffic travelling southbound along the N4 towards the R870 Markievicz Road as follows:
- The Left Turn exit slip from the N4 Southbound onto Markievicz road will be closed and all N4 southbound traffic looking to access the R870 Markievicz Road will continue to be diverted via the N4 Inner Relief Road, R292 Lord Edward Street/Wine Street/Lower Knox Street and the R286 Markievicz Road.
Traffic travelling from the R870 Markievicz Road onto the N4 will not be impacted by the diversion.
Closure of N16/Barrack Street Junction
The junction of theN16/Barrack Street will be closed and the following diversions and traffic management measures will be in place:
- Traffic looking to access the N16 from Barrack Street/Holborn Street will be diverted via Holborn Hill.
- Local Access Only to Barrack Street for N16 traffic will be via Holborn Hill/Holborn Street.
- Local Access Only to Barrack Street from Holborn Street will be maintained.
Sligo County Council apologises for any inconvenience arising from these works.