Notice of significant forthcoming Traffic Diversions on the N15 Southbound lane due to planned Construction Works commencing Monday 8th June 2020.
Traffic Diversion for the N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme
Closure of the N15 Southbound traffic lane on approach to Sligo town with Diversion at Lisnalurg onto the Old Bundoran Road and onwards via Ballytivnan Road and the N16;
Closure of Right turn at the R291 Rosses Point Junction onto the N15 southbound, for traffic travelling into town with diversion via the N15 Northbound / Elms Gardens / Ballytivnan Road and the N16;
- The Right Turn for N4 Northbound Traffic entering Markievicz Road is closed. A Traffic diversion is in place via N16 / Duck Street / Holborn Hill and R286 Connughton Road. (See Map N4-TMP-37 below)
The expected duration of these Diversions is between 2 and 3 months.
Traffic Management restriction currently in place include:
- The existing N4 Northbound Lane Closure on the N4 approaching the Ballast Quay junction and continuing past the Rosses point (R291) Junction.
- West Footway Closure in place between N4 Hughes Bridge and Rosses Point Road (R291) Junctions with diversions in place.
- Lane narrowing and footway diversion will be in place on the N15 Southbound through the junction with Rosses Point Road (R291).
- Lane narrowing and will be in place on the N16 approaching the N4 junction to facilitate traffic island removal and temporary surfacing works.
- Lane Narrowing on the N15 Northbound / Rosses Point Road (R291) Junction.
Sligo County Council wishes to apologise for any inconvenience arising from the implementation of these measures.