Report on meeting 20th July.
Sligo-Drumcliff MD July Meeting
Municipal District of Sligo-Drumcliff July Meeting
- Councillor Thomas Walsh (Chair),
- Councillor Declan Bree,
- Councillor Marie Casserly,
- Councillor Tom Fox,
- Councillor Dónal Gilroy,
- Councillor Thomas Healy
Monday 20th July, Council Chamber, County Hall, Riverside
Report on meeting
Councillors were briefed on the positive impact of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) during the Covid emergency. The positioning and promotion of Sligo as a Smart City/County region has been given an unexpected boost by the acceleration of ‘all things digital’, as people who may have been reticent about video conferencing and now well versed in the technology and in the new virtual meeting etiquette.
The following are some of the most prominent support initiatives put in place:
- Promotion of COVID message through website and social media
- Published videos for the promotion of the COVID safety messaging
- Support for Community Response Forum - Enabled support for the Community Forum while staff worked from home.
- Setup of Customer Relationship Management System for response desk
- 50 Staff trained and set-up on the CRM for the new community response Department
- Development and setup of call centre / response desk on CRM
- Setup of multiple channels for the public to log queries with the call centre, e.g. phone, email, web form
- Setup text message integration to take queries into the CRM
- Development of reports from CRM for management use
- Submission of daily statistics to the Taoiseach's office each evening
- Online / Virtual Meetings - Allowed for meetings to be carried out using video conference software.
- Over 50 COVID related posts during April on Facebook, twitter, Linkedln and lnstagram.
- Setup and support of facilities for Council meetings at IT Sligo to enable compliance with social distancing.