Housing Aid for Older People
The Scheme of Housing Aid for Older People is available to assist older people living in poor housing conditions to have repairs or improvements carried out.
- The types of works grant aided under the scheme include
- Re-wiring/electrical repairs
- Repair/replacement of windows and external doors as deemed necessary
- Provision of heating systems where none presently exists
- Repair only to existing heating system
- Provision of water and sanitary services where none presently exists
- Replacement of sanitary ware where necessary
- Structural repairs as deemed necessary
- Roof repairs as deemed necessary
- Provision of heat, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Grant Approvals are subject to available funding.