Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB)
Control of the private rented sector is primarily the responsibility of the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB) which was established under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 (RTA) in September 2004.
Part 7 of the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 which deals with the registration of tenancies has been in operation since 1st September 2004. Tenancies in private rented residential accommodation must be registered by the landlord with the PRTB and a registration fee paid. Landlords no longer register with the Local Authority. Each registration must be renewed after 4 years or once a new tenancy commences. Each application shall be contained in the Register of Tenancies which is maintained by the PRTB. Tenancy registration forms and other publications are available on the PRTB’s website www.prtb.ie
Certain dwellings are exempt from registration with the PRTB. Further information may be obtained direct from the Private Residential Tenancies Board.
The PRTB operates a national tenancy registration system in addition to offering a dispute and mediation service between landlords and tenants. As part of its remit, the PRTB also provides policy advice to the Government on the private rented sector.
Further Information/Advice is available fromPrivate Residential Tenancies Board,PO Box 47,Clonakilty,Co. Cork.www.prtb.ie
Telephone Number: 0818 30 30 37 (9:00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
Fax Number: 0818 30 30 39
- Tenancy Registration queries: email@example.com
- Registration Enforcement: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dispute Resolution queries: email@example.com
- Tribunal queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Determination Order Enforcement: email@example.com
- For all media and press queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all data protection queries: email@example.com