3 – Transportation and Infrastructure Policy
Minutes of Strategic Policy Committee 3 - Transportation and Infrastructure Policy Meeting held on Thursday 13th October, 2005
- Councillor John Sherlock (Cathaoirleach)
- Councillor Gormley,
- Councillor McGrath,
- Councillor Murray
- Councillor Lundy
- Mr. G. Queenan
- Ms. Rita Ann Burke
- Mr. S. Concannon, Director of Services
- Mr. T. Carroll, Senior Engineer
- Mr. K. Larkin, Senior Engineer
- Mr. John O’Dwyer, Senior Executive Officer
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
Minutes of Meeting held on 12th July, 2005 having been circulated were taken as read and confirmed on the proposal of Councillor Gormley, seconded by Councillor Lundy.
MOTION BY RITA ANN BURKE
Committee agreed to defer to the next meeting due to the unavoidable absence of the proposer.
Mr. T Carroll made a presentation to the Committee on the status of the National and Non-National road network in the County outlining details of works in-progress and in-planning and the various funding options. In the ensuing discussion the committee asked that in developing funding proposals consideration be given to –
- developing a link off the N4 to Ballymote
- developing a link from Ballymote to the N17
- N17 Tubbercurry By-Pass
- Importance of R294 and R296 to the South Sligo region.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Votes of sympathy were passed by the Committee to committee member Rita Ann Burke on the recent death of her grandfather and to Mrs. Josephine Duffy on the recent death of her husband.
To be fixed with Chairperson.
Meeting Date 13/10/2005