1 - Economic Development and Planning Policy
Minutes of Strategic Policy Committee 1 (Economic Development and Planning Policy) of Sligo County Council held at 3.00 pm on 25th November, 2010 in the Members Room, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo.
- Councillor Jim Mc Garry,
- Councillor Veronica Cawley,
- Councillor Deirdre Healy McGowan,
- Councillor Matt Lyons,
- Councillor Rosaleen O’Grady,
- Mr. Gerard Queenan.
- Paula R Gallagher, Acting Director of Service
- Frank Moylan, Acting Senior Planner
- Mihaela Davidescu, Acting Senior Executive Planner
- Siobhan Ryan, Heritage Officer
- Anna Jones, Administrative Officer
- Mr. Tom Currid,
- Ms Maura Mc Cormack.
1. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES OF STRATEGIC POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 15TH SEPTEMBER 2010.
It was proposed by Mr. Gerard Queenan and seconded by Councillor Matt Lyons and agreed: “That the minutes of the Strategic Policy Committee No.1 meeting held on 15th September 2010 be confirmed”.
2. UPDATE IN RELATION TO REVIEW OF SLIGO COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2011 – 2017
Mr. Frank Moylan, Acting Senior Planner gave an update on the progress in respect of the review of the Sligo County Development Plan which is currently underway. The Draft Plan has been on public display and the final date for submissions was 8th September. The submissions received are being examined and will be dealt with in the Second Managers Report, which should be available shortly.
3. TO CONSIDER THE CURRENT PLANNING POLICY ON THE LOCATION OF TELECOMMUNICATION MASTS.
The meeting was advised that a submission had been received from the County Development Board requesting that the restriction in relation to the siting of telecommunication masts which is in the current County Development Plan be removed. There was a general discussion and the meeting was advised that this matter would be addressed in the Second Managers Report and a decision made when it comes before the full Council.
4. REPORT ON SLIGO HARBOUR.
Ms Paula R Gallagher, Acting Director of Services gave an update on the commercial activities in Sligo Harbour. It was also indicated that work was ongoing in relation to the preparation of the Docklands Local Area Plan.
5. TO APPROVE DRAFT COUNTY PLACE NAMES POLICY.
It was proposed by Councillor Matt Lyons and seconded by Councillor Rosaleen O Grady and agreed that the Draft County Place Names Policy be approved.
6. UPDATE ON RECENT CHANGES TO PLANNING LEGISLATION
Ms Mihaela Davidescu gave a detailed presentation on the changes arising from the enactment of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act 2010.
7. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
The Members agreed that the next meeting would take place on 10th February 2011 at 3 pm.
Meeting Date 25/11/2010