1 - Economic Development and Planning Policy
Minutes of Strategic Policy Committee 1 (Economic Development and Planning Policy) of Sligo County Council held at 3.00 pm on 24th March, 2011 in the Members Room, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo.
- Councillor Jim Mc Garry,
- Councillor Veronica Cawley,
- Councillor Matt Lyons,
- Councillor Sean Mac Manus,
- Councillor Rosaleen O’Grady,
- Mr. Gerard Queenan.
- Paula R Gallagher, Acting Director of Services
- Frank Moylan, Acting Senior Planner
- Mihaela Davidescu, Acting Senior Exec Planner
- Deirdre Finnerty, Senior Executive Officer
- Anna Jones, Administrative Officer
- Councillor Deirdre Healy McGowan
- Councillor Thomas Collery
- Mr. Tom Currid,
- Ms Maura Mc Cormack.
1. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES OF STRATEGIC POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 25TH NOVEMBER 2010.
It was proposed by Councillor Matt Lyons and seconded by Mr. Gerard Queenan and agreed: “That the minutes of the Strategic Policy Committee No.1 meeting held on 25th November 2010 be confirmed”.
2. UPDATE IN RELATION TO REVIEW OF SLIGO COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2011 – 2017
Mr. Frank Moylan, Acting Senior Planner gave an update on the progress in respect of the review of the Sligo County Development Plan which is currently underway. The final date for public submissions has passed and the Managers Report is being prepared. It is anticipated that this will be finalised in time to include the adoption of the Sligo County Development Plan on the agenda for the May meeting of Sligo County Council.
Mr Moylan also advised the meeting that the pre draft consultation process for the Docklands Local Area Plan is currently underway and it is hoped that a substantial number of submissions will be received.
3. REPORT ON SLIGO HARBOUR ACTIVITIES.
Ms Paula R Gallagher outlined to the meeting the changes that responsibility for Harbour matters had transferred to Mr B Gavin, Acting Director of Services. She gave an update on the commercial activities in Sligo Harbour and indicated that commercial activity remains constant. Following a discussion on the dredging requirements for the Harbour, the Members requested that the schedule for the completion of the EIS be circulated.
4. TO CONSIDER THE IMPACT OF INFRASTRUCTURAL DEFICIT ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT.
Following a discussion on this matter the Members requested that a report outlining the job creation actions being promoted/undertaken by the County Development Board be prepared for the next meeting.
5. TO FIX DATES FOR 2011 MEETINGS
It was agreed that the meetings for the remainder of 2011 would take place on the following dates
- 19th May 2011
- 15th September 2011
- 17th November 2011.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Meeting Date 24/03/2011