1 - Economic Development and Planning Policy
Minutes of Strategic Policy Committee 1 (Economic Development and Planning Policy) of Sligo County Council held at 3.00 pm on 15th September, 2011 in the Members Room, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo.
- Councillor Jim Mc Garry,
- Councillor Deirdre Healy McGowan,
- Mr. Gerard Queenan,
- Ms Maura Mc Cormack.
- Paula R Gallagher, Acting Director of Services,
- Frank Moylan, Acting Senior Planner,
- Deirdre Finnerty, Senior Executive Officer,
- Pat Doyle, Senior Project Engineer,
- Mihaela Davidescu, Acting Senior Executive Planner,
- Gabriel Browne, Administrative Officer,
- Fergus McNabb, Administrative Officer.
- Councillor Matt Lyons,
- Councillor Thomas Collery,
- Councillor Veronica Cawley,
- Councillor Sean Mac Manus,
- Councillor Rosaleen O’Grady.
1. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES OF STRATEGIC POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 24TH MARCH, 2011.
It was proposed by Mr. Gerard Queenan and seconded by Councillor Jim Mc Garry and agreed: “That the minutes of the Strategic Policy Committee No.1 meeting held on 24th March 2011 be confirmed”.
2. UPDATE IN RELATION TO REVIEW OF SLIGO COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND LOCAL AREA PLANS.
Mr. Frank Moylan, Acting Senior Planner gave an update as follows:-
- The Proposed Variation of the Sligo and Environs Development Plan 2010 – 2016 to incorporate the Core Strategy has been adopted by Sligo County Council and will be considered by Sligo Borough Council at its meeting on 19th September 2011.
- Review of Ballymote Local Area Plan – due to commence
- Local Area Plan Tobercurry – due to commence.
- Local Area Plan Docklands – due to commence
3. REPORT ON SLIGO HARBOUR ACTIVITIES.
Mr. Pat Doyle, Senior Project Engineer circulated a report to the meeting on the activities at Sligo Harbour under the following headings:-
- Harbour Maintenance and Capital Dredging Scheme
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Harbour Maintenance
- Local Area Plan Update
- Surveillance System
- Planning and Development
He also advised the meeting that the Council were proceeding with the transfer of the local navigational aids and the Committee indicated that they had ne objection to this.
4. TO CONSIDER REPORT OUTLINING JOB CREATION ACTIVITIES BEING PROMOTED/UNDERTAKEN BY THE COUNTY DEVELOPMENT BOARD.
Mr Gabriel Browne gave an update on the actions being promoted/undertaken by the County Development Board (CDB) under the following headings:-
- CDB Agencies working on Economic Sub Committees
- Overall aims for an Economic Strategy
- W G Approach
- Key Sectors
- Actions to date
- Next Steps
The meeting noted the report and a discussion took place in relation to same.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
The members agreed to place the practice of fracking on the agenda for the next meeting.
Meeting Date 15/09/2011