Preparing for Major Emergencies
In Ireland different Government departments and agencies are responsible for specific emergency planning functions. In the event of a major emergency, the most appropriate department or agency is designated as the lead agency to co-ordinate the response to it. However you need to be ready and know how to respond to an emergency, no matter how unlikely the scenario is.
The main reason for this site is to help protect yourself and your family and household in the event of a major emergency. Knowing what to do will make it easier to remain calm and confident should the unforeseen happen. By doing so, you can reduce the impact of a major emergency and avoid the dangers.
- Preparing for Major Emergencies Handbook - English (PDF) - 3,243 kbs
- Preparing for Major Emergencies Handbook - Irish (PDF) - 3,854 kbs
- Strategic Emergency Planning Guide (PDF) - 726 kbs
- The Emergency Planning Objectives (PDF) - 21 kbs
- Annual Report Extract 2006 (PDF) - 21 kbs
- Advice to Businesses on Preparing for a Pandemic (PDF) - 1,432 kbs
- National Pandemic Influenza Plan (PDF) - 613 kbs
- Business Continuity Planning: Responding to an Influenza Pandemic (PDF) - 4,717 kbs
- Business Continuity Checklist (PDF) - 256 kbs