Traffic Report W/C 13th February 2017
Road and Traffic Report
Road Signage Works
- Works will continue on The R297 and R298 between Dromore West and Enniscrone
- Location of KN gangs - gangs will be in the Pearse Road and Devins Drive
N4 Dual Carriageway
In order to facilitate urgent repair works, temporary traffic diversions will be in operation on the N4 dual carriageway on the afternoon of Thursday, 16th February 2017. Traffic diversions will be implemented between 3.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. and will be of approximately 15 minutes duration.
Diversions are as follows:
Diversion No. 1 affecting southbound traffic only: southbound traffic will be diverted off the dual carriageway at junction S1 Ballydrehid interchange. The diversion route will be via the N59 into Ballysadare, the R290 into Collooney before rejoining the N4 Dual carriageway at the Collooney Roundabout.
Diversion No. 2 affecting northbound traffic only: northbound traffic will be diverted off the dual carriageway at Collooney Roundabout from where it will travel via the R290 to Ballysadare village. Traffic will be rejoin the N4 Dual carriageway at junction S1 Ballydrehid interchange.
Due to the presence of a low bridge along the R290 at Carricknagat HGV’s greater than 4.100m in height will be required to remain on the N4 dual carriageway for the short duration of the works.
N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project
Ground Investigation works are taking place along the N4 Sligo/Dublin national primary road from the N4/N17 Toberbride roundabout to approximately 1.0km south of Castlebaldwin Village. These works consist of:
- Slit trenches across the road network
- Rotary coreholes
- Trial pits
- Dynamic probing
- There will be a road closure on Vernon Street between Pearse Road and Pilkington Terrace on Wednesday 15th February between the hours of 9:30am and 6:00pm to facilitate leak repairs. Diversions will be in place.
- Hoarding has been erected at the corner of Lord Edward Street and Union Street. Provision has been made for pedestrian access and works are expected to last several weeks. Minimal traffic disruption expected.
- Works are continuing on the pedestrian avenue linking the estate of Tracey Avenue to the Strandhill Road. The works will involve the provision of public lighting on the pedestrian avenue and the resurfacing of the pavement. The work is to facilitate the safety of Pedestrians. The pedestrian avenue will be closed for the duration of the week.
- A Scaffolding licence has been granted for Connolly Street, Sligo. Works are expected to last 2 weeks. Minimal traffic disruption expected.
- Ongoing Road Openings to take place at various locations over the coming weeks due to broadband upgrade. Minimal traffic disruption expected.
- Works will take place on the entrance to The Fairgreen, Temple Street. These are expected to last 2 weeks. Minimal traffic disruption expected.
- Drainage works will be carried out on the R297 at Quigaboy/Leaffony. Traffic lights will be in operation. Minor delays expected.
- Pothole repair works will continue in the Enniscrone area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
- Footpath construction works will continue on the R296 at Carrownanty, Ballymote. Works are expected to last 2 weeks. Traffic control will be in place with minimal delays expected.
- Pipelaying works will be taking place on the N17 Tubbercurry Bypass at the junction of Masshill Road on Thursday the 16th of February. Traffic Management including traffic lights will be in place for the duration of the works. These works are expected to last for 2 days. Delays can be expected.
- Pothole repair works will continue in the Tubbercurry area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
- Storm water maintenance works will continue on the R294 and other local primary roads in the Tubbercurry area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.