Notice is hereby given that Sligo County Council proposes to extend Sligo Cemetery by approximately 1.3 hectares, North of the existing Cemetery.
Sligo Cemetery Extension 2017
NOTICE UNDER THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT) 2000 PLANNING (AS AMENDED) AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 PART 8 (AS AMENDED)
SLIGO CEMETERY EXTENSION 2017
Notice is hereby given that Sligo County Council proposes to extend Sligo Cemetery by approximately 1.3 hectares, North of the existing Cemetery. The proposed development is on Cleveragh Road and Cemetery Road, Commons, in the County of Sligo.
The proposed development includes the following:
- 936 New grave plots with a perimeter circulation road, access paths, intermittent tree planting and furniture to include seating and garbage bins.
- A columbarium.
- A perimeter wall to Cleveragh Road with a gated pedestrian entrance and low level planting and trees on the graveyard side of the wall. The wall will be set back from the line of the existing wall to allow for a bicycle path beside the footpath.
- Trees and low level planting in a zone along the south-east side of the site adjoining neighbouring properties.
- A set-back perimeter wall on Cemetery Road and Cleveragh Road with a zone for planting located on the graveyard side of the wall.
- A gated vehicle and pedestrian entrance located near the present cemetery entrance opposite Fatima Avenue and a sign wall to the south of the entrance.
- A single-storey services building north of the main entrance on Cemetery Road with a flat ‘green’ roof with solar panels. The building will contain administration offices, a canteen and sanitary facilities for the cemetery staff.
- A walled services yard to the rear or north of the services building with a single-storey metal clad storage room on the north side of the yard.
- A walled and gated yard for material storage to the south-east boundary of the site.
- Associated site works.
Plans and full particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection or purchase (at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy) during office hours at the following office of Sligo County Council between the hours of 9:30am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:30pm on Mondays to Fridays from Monday 25th September to Monday 23rd October, 2017.
- High Market House, Old Market Street, Sligo.
Submissions and observations in respect of the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing to the Director of Infrastructural Services, Sligo County Council, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo to be received within a period of 2 weeks following the expiration of the period of public display but no later than Monday 6th November, 2017.
Persons wishing to seek further clarification on the proposal can do so by contacting Ms Rosie Friel, Executive Engineer at 071 9111491.
Mr T. Kilfeather
Director of Services